Applying for a grant
Upright vacuum cleaner, wooden replica vacuum cleaner
Collection the artist
Applications are considered at quarterly meetings of the Foundation’s Grants Committee, which makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
Deadline dates for receipt of applications:
- 19 September 2014
- 1 December 2014
- March, June, September, December 2015 (exact dates to be confirmed January 2015)
Applicants should apply for the appropriate category of grant. The five categories are as follows:
- New Projects: Exhibitions; Exhibition Catalogues; Commissions. The maximum grant is £20,000 but most grants are for less.
- Collections: Acquisitions; Conservation; Cataloguing; Display. The maximum grant is £20,000 but most grants are for less.
- Research and Development:
a. Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships*: a limited number of two-year grants are available. Please follow the link for information on applying for the 2015-2016 Fellowship.
b. Artist Residencies: the artist must be supported by a host institution for residencies that can last from two to six months. The host institution should apply for the grant. The maximum is £6,000.
- Conferences, Lectures and Publications: this category supports books and journals, but not exhibition catalogues, as these are eligible under New Projects. The maximum grant is £5,000.
a. Long-term Research: for projects that require funding for more than one year, e.g. a permanent collection catalogue. The maximum grant is £20,000 but most grants are for less.
b. Small Research Grants: for research on the history and interpretation of sculpture. Academics, curators and independent scholars may apply for research costs, e.g. travel, photographs, archival access. The maximum grant is £2,500.
How to apply:
Please complete our online application form (follow the link to the right of this page). Please note if you are using the old Word document we can only accept applications in this format until the next deadline on 19 September 2014.
After the meeting:
The results of the meeting will be conveyed to the applicant (by letter post only).
*If you wish to apply for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship please follow this link